(#10320) - Washington
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking an Operations Manager in Washington.
The Operations Manager directs all tasks and activities related to the scope of production contracts, quantity takeoffs, estimating, project management, drafting and engineering. This role will oversee scheduling, shipping, customer service and AR/AP for all standard concrete products. Additionally, directs, collaborates and coaches the team of individuals who conduct these functions.
- Ensures that project estimates are prepared in a responsive and accurate manner
- Optimize opportunities to successfully quote and execute appropriate work.
- Collaborates with Plant Manager to develop production schedules based on project requirements and available resources.
- Monitors production and production reporting for accuracy and timeliness.
- Reviews all project-related contracts, specifications and insurance certificates for adequacy
- Oversees all quality control and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures current industry standards are effectively implemented.
- Monitors materials pricing and invoicing for accuracy to ensure proper billing.
- Reviews payables to monitor materials costs against estimates before forwarding for approval.
- Develops and conducts and participates in weekly meetings
- Evaluates the work of others for the purpose of determining skillset, training and advancement.
- Conducts performance appraisals.
- Services as a role model for employees with regard to attendance, timeliness, loyalty, mutual respect and continuous process improvement.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand construction documents for building projects
- Must effectively write procedures, business correspondence and technical reports
- Ability to apply concepts of mathematics to the work environment and to develop and utilize statistical information.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, technical specifications, cost analyses and governmental regulations.
- Effectively define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and develop logical and innovative solutions.
- Excellent Communication Skills with internal and external customers
- Bachelor's Degree in: Commercial Construction, Engineering, Project management, Architecture, Design, Estimating or related field
- 5+ years of related experience and training in the architectural precast industry
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to fingers, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The noise level is typically quiet in the office environment but at times loud and the temperature can be extremely hot and/or cold at times while working in the yard/job sites.