(#10428) - Washington
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Yard Manager in Washington.
- Oversees yard utilization and yard organization by maintaining and implementing technologies, processes, and procedures, including pallet yard and pallet purchases.
- Supervise yard crew assigning daily tasks and responsibilities as required; provide coaching & mentoring, and execute performance reviews and career planning; and recruiting.
- Responsible for load time efficiencies.
- Manages product storage locations and coordinates with line lift drivers.
- Organizes and completes inventories as required by the Company.
- Coordinates receiving of parts, resale, LTL’s and transfers from other locations for accuracy.
- Checks products for defects, eliminates sub-standard products and verifies product is loaded correctly.
- Maintains and organizes work area per company standards for cleanliness.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements the maintenance, repair, and capital projects that relate to the yard.
- Completes cycle counts on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Schedules production for: Block Plant; Rockwood Kits; and Re-man.
- Responsible for Material Masters in SAP.
- Conducts weekly Tool Box Talks and weekly production meetings.
- Capable of driving a forklift and loading trucks.
- Must work independently with little supervision.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by the company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- High School education or equivalent experience
- 2 years’ manufacturing and supervision preferred
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license.
- Requires good reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers and superiors.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, and various other software.
- Regular attendance is required.