(#11890) - California
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Site Manager in California.
Responsible for the overall plant operations, including all production and ensuring all employees strive to meet the standards set forth by the company for Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Preventative Maintenance, and Housekeeping. This will include directing all plant manufacturing processes and ensuring quality products while maintaining a safe work environment.
- This position is primarily on the plant floor and requires a ‘hands-on’ working mentality and management style
- Provide direct guidance and coaching for site personnel
- Assess staff skill set and address essential training needs to promote retention
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports and advise on year end performance reviews for all personnel
- Make critical decisions relative to production schedules, orders, invoicing and pricing
- Contribute to annual budgeting / planning process
- Manage locations month end close processes
- Work with production to optimize process, meet production targets, and grow plant capacity
- Compile monthly operations data and prepare monthly reports for Sr. Management
- Coordinate with sales to address inventory volumes and production planning to meet regional demands
- Maintain accurate control over total plant inventory
- Promotes TEAM environment by coaching, mentoring and leading direct personnel and other personnel staff.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Min of 10 years of progressive experience in concrete products manaufacturing
- BS Degree in Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or similar technical trade preferred
- Strong background in Lean manufacturing with ability to streamline process and implement efficiencies
- Good maintenance knowledge and ability to troubleshoot any downtime
- Ability to lead diverse team
- Good computer skills
- Requires good reading, writing, mathematical skills and excellent communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Regular attendance is required.