Shift Supervisor/Machine Operator
(#10027) - Illinois
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Shift Supervisor/Machine Operator in Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety: The health and safety of all persons working, visiting or otherwise inside the plant
- Quality Control: Ensures the standards established within the company’s Total Quality Management Program is followed including all in plant and/or external testing done hourly, daily, weekly and monthly
- Training: The ongoing training of plant staff on their shift in matters of safety, skills and knowledge of the plant equipment to perform their duties in an efficient matter
- Operations: The standards established for day-to-day operations relating to start up, mold changes, clean up or other routines are met or exceeded.
- Maintenance and Repairs: Performs or ensures that the shift staff carry out running adjustments and minor repairs to any and all plant equipment as needed Ensures that the shift staff is performing daily checks as per established schedules on all plant equipment
- Co-ordinates with Maintenance Supervisor and Plant Manager to ensure optimum performance
- Reporting: Performs or ensures that the monitoring and reporting of levels of materials on hand is accurate
- Ensures the reporting of all minor repairs, running adjustments and maintenance work completed on their shift.
- Housekeeping: General cleanliness and tidiness of the plant at all times. The appearance, conduct and work habits of all staff working under their direction.
- Ability to assist when needed in all areas of maintenance.
- New equipment installations and commissioning.
- Works both independently and with teams demonstrating safe work practices and sharing knowledge while contributing to overall manufacturing continuous improvement.
- Understanding and regular creation and use of JSA’s and Sop’s.
- Active participation in all Health and Safety programs and general housekeeping.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a machine operator
- Formal education in a related field is strongly desired.
- Multi-lingual (Spanish and or German) is a plus.
- Identify and adjust any minor deviations in mix designs to allowable parameters
- Identify and perform any needed running adjustments to the plant equipment
- The ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems or breakdowns
- Possess supervisory and motivational skills
- Possess knowledge about maintenance in an industrial environment.