(#12514) - Nevada
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Sales Representative in Nevada.
Under the supervision of the Structural Sales Manager, this position’s primary responsibility is to make architectural sales calls while providing the utmost service to the Mason Contractors in their market. The role includes both new sales opportunities and the management of current sales from opportunity stage through job closeout; and is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts customers in person and by telephone. Customers include masonry contractors, architects, designers, etc.
- Performs sales and job service calls in assigned territories
- Provide technical presentations to architects, engineers and owners, for the specification of the company
- Submit Project quotes to customers and manage the project from delivery through project close out.
- Provide product samples to customers and potential customers as requested.
- Performs post-bid job follow up.
- Answer architectural inquiries by telephone and in person.
- Review project plan
- Attends in-house sales meeting, contractor and industry meetings (AIA, Associations, etc.)
- Perform required paperwork and maintains job order file.
- Resolve project complaints and determine the course of action to correct the complaint
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by the company or its designated representatives.
- Regular attendance is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years’ sales experience and five years’ experience in concrete block industry required.
- Training and experience are interchangeable on a year-to-year basis.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of construction, ability to read plans and working knowledge of masonry codes and standards preferred.
- Knowledge of the architectural design process.
- Requires good reading, writing, and public speaking skills and mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate automobile, personal computer, printer, calculator, copier and any other equipment required to perform duties.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing. Must be able to drive personal vehicle long distances in order to see/visit customer sites.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lifting and or moving up to 80 pounds.
- Up to 50% car travel time required. Driving for long distances; and occasional air travel.
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Driving in Inclement Weather
- Construction site environment with noise.
- Manufacturing Plant environment with noise and exposure to dust.
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)