(#12487) - New England – Remote Opportunity
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a Sales Manager/Engineer in New England - Remote Opportunity.
This position is accountable for business development and sales quotas to grow revenue in targeted structural concrete markets. The key function is to develop relationships with developers, general contractors, owners and architects to optimize use of precast/pre-stressed in design and to use those relationships to grow the revenue line for the business. This role is 50% technical business development and 50% technical sales closure. Success in the position is building relationships with key players in the region who focus on projects using precast and prestressed concrete and leveraging those relationships to increase company share in the market.
The position interfaces with various internal/external partners to identify sales opportunities and build relationships.
Reports To: Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Direct Reports: N/A,
Key Internal Partners: Sales and Sales Development, Estimating, Project Development, Engineering, Project Management , Operations, Finance, and Service
Key External Partners: Customers, Owners, Developers, General Contractors, Engineers, Architects, and Government Agencies.
- Participate in the development of strategic sales plans to meet/exceed sales revenue and profit targets and all corporate goals.
- Target and acquire new projects by building strong relationships with existing and new customers. Pre-sales account identification (targeted clients); with the ability to articulate the value the company brings to owners and contractors.
- Establish and build a supplier relationship with decision makers with Developers and General Contractors in the region to get in the process early on jobs and be a value add resource to the design team.
- Work closely with the project development and estimating team to optimize projects for customers through value engineering to deliver higher profit potentials.
- Act as the technical expert in design with strong structural technical capability to lead and review work of the technical sub subcontractors and experts within the discipline.
- Assure compliance with company quality assurance processes and procedures and compliance to certifying body requirements.
- Promote a safe working culture for all employees; Working with safety and field personnel to minimize risk and increase safety for employees, at all times.
- Achieve fiscal plan requirements for revenue and GP$’s to align with annual financial plans
- Manage documentation in the CRM system (SalesForce.com) to keep status of projects available to leadership for review and evaluation and present status in Sales Meetings.
- Work with Company Leadership Team and peers to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans with respect to the engineering function.
- Collaborate with peers and reports on best practices and provides the tools and processes to deliver on results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or other construction related discipline.
- 3-7 years of increasing responsibilities in a precast/pre-stressed technical sales role or related type experience.
- Experience in developing a strategy for revenue growth and delivering on the strategy
- A commitment to quality and innovation. Understand industry standards and push the engineering envelope to drive market and company growth
- Experience with Structural projects, Architectural experience a plus.
- Familiar with IBC building codes, PCI and ACI design requirements to be able to converse effectively with designers, estimators and project leadership
- Day travel is required within New England. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit or other 3D modeling programs would be a plus