Quality Control Supervisor
(#11840) - Pennsylvania
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking a QC Supervisor in Pennsylvania.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting production work to ensure that product quality meets customers’ expectations. Assists the Quality Assurance Manager in planning, coordinating and directing quality control programs. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Ensure that quality standards are being communicated and understood by all employees on all shifts.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for all quality activities and notify Quality Manager of any changes.
- Ensure inspections on all production and secondary operations are being performed, documented and filed.
- Ensures the capability of the Quality Assurance Department to meet inspection requirements. This responsibility includes specifying and requisitioning inspection tools, fixtures, and other equipment.
- Ensure approved samples of all production and secondary operations are retained as required.
- Confirm that the correct raw materials are in use.
- Raise quality, safety, productivity, and profitability issues to Management.
- Establish consistency among Quality Inspectors across all shifts.
- Manage incoming inspections on all incoming materials etc., and fill out appropriate paperwork.
- Direct and supervise all Quality Assurance Inspectors.
- Keep the QA office clean and organized.
- Ensure all non-conforming product forms are filled out correctly and have been re-inspected and signed off.
- Dispositions nonconforming items and material by conferring with Sales, Materials, Production, Quality Manager and/or General Management.
- Determines sampling plans where no customer specified requirements exist. Maintains engineering documentation files for use by manufacturing.
- Obtains clarification from Sales/Engineering where critical information is ambiguous or missing.
- Review new item documentation and determine inspection criteria.
- Requisitions supplies and other consumables.
- Ensures that the department complies with Company policies and procedures, including employee safety.
- Directs set-ups for product inspection.
- Recommends measures to improve inspection methods and productivity.
- Maintains quality records per customer and internal requirements.
- Confers with other Supervisors to coordinate activities.
- Contributes to the positive environment of the manufacturing team.
- Directly supervises employees within the Quality Assurance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondences. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience with reading CAD drawings. Experience with use and programming of camera-based inspection systems and Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) is preferred.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.