Quality Control Manager
(#12327) - North Carolina
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking a Quality Control Manager in North Carolina.
Quality Managers ensure that all company products and services meet quality standards before they go to market. Their primary responsibilities include understanding customer expectations and needs, outlining quality standards and developing quality control processes.
- The position reports to the Site General Manager.
- Managing the QC team and educating our teams to understand the requirements and standards identified for our business
- Reading job specifications and structural plans to design concrete mixes that will perform according to these criteria while maximizing economic efficiency
- Testing batches according in accordance with ACI and ASTM procedures
- Monitoring jobs on site, including product testing, to ensure product compliance with job specifications
- Responding, troubleshooting, and determining remedial steps necessary when issues with product performance arise
- Providing guidance to plant staff on quality control best practices
- Must be safety-minded, team-oriented and customer-focused
- Detail and technically oriented individual
- Ability to read and understand technical plans and specifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, Microsoft computer skills
- Ability to batch is strongly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields.
- Two years of experience leading a team and educating plant employees in a concrete industry
- Five years of experience related to Quality Control
- Familiarity with ACI and ASTM procedures for testing concrete is strongly preferred. To include DOT Level 1, PQS level 1 from NPCA