Quality Control Inspector
(#6151) - Texas
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
IMMEDIATE OPENING: PCI Certified Producers in Texas need QC Inspectors!
This position performs and documents Quality Control inspections of all architectural precast concrete products, evaluating pieces for dimensional accuracy, required tolerances and appearance; and assists in interpreting piece tickets for production.
General Summary of Responsibilities:
• Performs pre-pour inspection of all forms, reinforcement, steel and inserts, in a timely manner to maintain optimized work flow and assists in finding ways to decrease delays and cause for rework.
• Maintains daily and project production records.
• Checks and verifies all dimensions of cast-in embeds.
• Completes daily Quality Control documentation.
• Inspects all finished product. Documents and follows-up on any precast product that requires patching or rework.
• Ensures that all precast products are correctly marked.
• Assists other Quality Control personnel as requested.
• Assumes responsibility for maintaining plant and yard safety in accordance with the Safety Manual and the direction of the Safety Coordinator.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or GED and 3-5 years related experience in a precast environment.
• Ability to read instructions, notices, handbooks, and technical requirements and specifications.
• Ability to communicate ideas and observations in an understandable manner in both verbal and written form.
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to read and understand piece tickets.
• Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Ability to calculate area and volume.
• Ability to apply basic concepts of geometry.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be meet by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and talk and hear. The employee will be on his/her feet a majority of the day. Manual lifting requirements are light to moderate, but with the assistance of other personnel and hoisting equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
The work described will require the Quality Control Inspector to be in both a plant and a yard environment. This employee will be required to wear all safety equipment required of regular plant personnel. The overall noise level is low, with occasional periods of moderate noise.