(#5899) - Michigan
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a QC Technician in Michigan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect product and component dimensions.
- Inspect all reinforcing, connection hardware and handling hardware for conformance with the issued design documents.
- Ensure proper stability of all form components installed before the placement of concrete.
- Conduct inspections of all finished products for conformance as applicable to each specific product and within the limit of acceptable industry standards.
- Document, communicate, and follow-up on required repairs of finished products.
- Prepare, maintain, and organize complete QC records for all fabricated products in an efficient and accessible manner.
- Team with Production Supervisors or team leaders to eliminate processes that create rework or wasted material.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Basic knowledge of blueprints, construction plans, and measurement reading.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues timely.
- Solid time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and develop and analyze statistical data of finished and unfinished products.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Concrete construction, manufacturing, or previous Quality Assurance experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft and Excel Office.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- The employee must be in physical shape that allows them to be on their feet most of the day, and step up and down onto the production beds. Also, must be able to regularly bend over and/or kneel down to closely inspect the forms.
- The employee will mainly be inside the plant and/or office, but must be comfortable being exposed to extreme heat or cold as the weather dictates.