(#12082) - Pennsylvania
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a QC Manager in Pennsylvania.
Lead the quality control team to conduct tests and inspections to ensure that raw materials and finished concrete products meet the established quality standards. Oversee the batch plant operations to ensure the daily production of good quality concrete.This position reports to the Chief Engineer.
- Lead the quality control team to test raw materials and fresh concrete and conduct pre-pour and post-pour inspections. Notify appropriate personnel when test and inspection results do not meet established standards.
- Oversee the batch plant operations to ensure the daily production of good quality concrete. Coordinate delivery of concrete with production personnel.
- Evaluate existing concrete mix designs and recommend improvements, as necessary.
- Hire, train and supervise quality control team members to conduct the work.
- Maintain the Quality System Manual.
- Maintain the approved vendor list for purchasing.
- Obtain procedures from engineering to correct nonconforming assemblies and products.
- Maintain welder certification requirements and records.
- Maintain the quality control records.
- Able to lead a team to accomplish a stated goal
- Experience preparing and evaluating concrete mix designs, experience with self-consolidating concrete preferred
- PCI Level I & II Technician Certifications
- PTI Certifications desired, but not required
- Level 1 Unbonded PT – Field Installation
- Level 1 Bonded PT – Field Installation
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to lift 50-60 pounds