(#9538) - Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a QC Manager in the Midwest.
The Quality Control Manager ensures all items produced are done in compliance to Engineering Specifications, PCI Requirements, and customer expectations. Demonstrate the company values every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate expectations and assists/teaches bed production employees as needed to produce high quality precast concrete panels that meet engineering and PCI specifications.
- Assist when necessary with daily testing, stripping, setup, pouring of products.
- Monitor and arrange for timely calibration and maintenance of quality related equipment
- Perform internal audits to ensure compliance with standards and processes. Report and track to closure quality nonconformances.
- Participate in the Daily Stand-up Meeting: Provides feedback on the prior day in regard to Quality and Offers suggestions for how to improve moving forward.
- Provides detailed expectations for the day
- Monitor QC related consumable materials on a daily basis to ensure that there is no production or testing delays caused by a material outage.
- Maintain departmental KPIs
- Maintain organized records, files and documentation as specified in the QSM and PCI
- Maintain and improve housekeeping to ensure a safe and productive workplace on an hour by hour, day by day basis
- Ensure daily equipment PM’s in the area are correct and completed per the schedule.
- Keep continuous improvement in the forefront. Suggests, plans for and implement positive changes without prompting
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality management system and processes (including creating procedures, job aides, performance metrics, etc.)
- Understand and adhere to all Federal, State, and Local regulations as they apply to Plant Operation (OSHA, Right to Know, Stormwater, Tag Out / Lock Out, etc.)
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read blueprints as related to panel forming and production.
- Ability to use basic measuring tools (scale, tape measures, squares).
- Ability to properly communicate to all levels of company employees as well as vendors and PCI auditors.
- Proficient in math.
- Ability to use computers, tablets and applicable software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) at a high level.
- Excellent organizational skills
- High level of troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds (occasionally).
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time.
- Must be able to squat, crawl and kneel to complete tasks.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work areas are not climate controlled. Ambient temperatures and humidity will generally be the same as outdoor temperatures. In the summer, temperatures and humidity can be greater than the ambient temperature. In winter, they can be lower
- Some work will be done in direct sunlight outdoors.
- Due to the nature of the operation, the levels of noise, dust and dirt can be very high.
Success of This Position is Measured By:
- Customer / Field Complaints.
- Finished Panel Defects.
- Filing and organization of documentation for quick retrieval.
- Internal Audit Non-Conformances.
- PCI Audit Non-Conformances.
- “3S” Audit Scores – Applicable Areas.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of five years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ACI I Certification.
- PCI III Certification (PCI II is minimum; PCI III is preferable).
- Oversee and manage QC Technicians. Plan, assign, and direct their work, conduct performance reviews, communicate strategic quality leading practices and standards.