QC Lab Technician
(#10426) - Southeast
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a QC Lab Technician in the Southeast.
- Responsible for the material handling and preparation for routine testing and for maintenance of assigned laboratory equipment as well as testing products and raw materials as per ASTM to insure compliance and/or to develop new formulas.
- Learns and operates specialized computer and analytical equipment and software.
- Modifying and/or developing new color formulations for various product lines ensuring colorfastness, accurate color reproduction, stability and durability of products.
- Performs accurate preparation of test specimens and samples; records and may interpret results to the manager.
- Evaluates and identifies cost savings in new and existing color formulations.
- Ability to learn and operate specialized computer analytical equipment and software; maintain database and documentation of daily work and test results.
- Maintenance and housekeeping of assigned areas and equipment to ensure lab equipment is in good working order.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent Vocational Training/Certification, other related experience or combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with lab equipment
- Strong numerical skills. Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals and directions.
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Computer literate experienced with Microsoft Office software.
- This position may require a standing position for an extensive amount of time.
- Must have average/ordinary visual acuity
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs.
- Flexible work schedule; some travel may be required.