(#8060) - Southwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
A Precast / Prestress Project Manager is needed for a Southwest location.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for the overall management of the project, professionally representing the company as the liaison between the contractor, architect, engineer, owner, and internal departments.
The candidate will be responsible for effective and timely communication with customers from contract award through project close-out. The candidate will work closely with internal personnel to submit schedules/shop drawings and sample/mock-up submittals and approvals, assist with production and trucking sequencing, attend job-site meetings, communicate and coordinate on-site activities of field services personnel, erectors and other subcontractors. In total, the candidate will be responsible to ensure project scope is followed and projects are completed on time and on-budget.
SPECIFIC DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with the customer/general contractor to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete a project.
- Establish and maintain communication, as necessary, with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and others involved in the project to promote well defined construction activities.
- Establish schedules, project objectives, policies, and procedures (i.e., project start-up meetings, project start-up information, progress meetings, etc.). Maintain cost controls and monitor job cost.
- Buy out or assist in buyout for non-stock project material.
- Develop, monitor, update and publish submittal schedule, project schedule, material status reports, milestones and close out requirements.
- Review the scope of all contract documents prior to award of all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee on-site construction efforts, with the assistance of the Field Operations Manager, to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Generate Notifications of Change and Proposals. Provide notification of potential claim situations. Process change orders and subcontract amendments.
- Conduct and record minutes in project progress meetings keeping internal personnel updated on progress of project.
- Provide assistance and/or interpretation of drawings; recommend construction methods and equipment, as appropriate. Initiate response to RFI’s and correspondence to/from Owner, General Contractor, Subcontractors and others.
- Coordinate the progress of subcontracts, insurances and bonds, change orders, proposals, etc.
- Minimum five years of construction management experience
- Concrete or precast concrete experience preferred
- Education in construction management, architecture or engineering is preferred
- Associate or University degree preferred
Capabilities and Competencies:
- Able to understand and collaborate with a wide variety of people
- Able to proactively identify and resolve issues, especially critical path items
- Detailed oriented, quick learner and proficient with software programs
- Excellent organizational, communication and motivational skills
- Operates with a sense of urgency, positive attitude, determination and is service oriented
- Construction industry experience
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- AutoCad and/or Revit a plus.
The Company offers a competitive and comprehensive benefit package.Apply for this position.