(#7562) - Colorado
Industry: Stone Veneer
United Employment Group is seeking a Project Estimator in Colorado.
Seeking an energetic, experienced Project Estimator to join our team. Essential functions of the job are as follows, but are not limited to:
- Estimating of stone veneer, install materials, and stone accessories per plans & specs
- Utilize proprietary tools -BAM/Bid tracker and SLIM/Project Tracker
- Thorough understanding and reading ability of plans and specs to generate material takeoff and bids
- Ability to visualize and understand option stacking
- Responsible for obtaining quotes for specialty products (shop drawings as needed) in bids and work with purchasing to procure
- Schedule, lead and conduct pre-bid meetings with internal team
- Generate RFIs, occasionally may need to generate and distribute change orders and submittals.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Two years’ experience as a Project Estimator on residential or commercial projects.
- Computer skills required: Experience with material takeoffs and accompanying software (takeoff preferred) and proficiency with Microsoft Office (excel).
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal and external partners.
- Traits required - Integrity, respect, entrepreneurial, initiative, accountable, and team-oriented.
- Skills Required - Critical thinking, decision-making, follow-up, social awareness, good organization, curiosity, detail oriented, time management, stress tolerance, communication (oral and written).
- Masonry experience in installation or project management a major plus.
- Hands on construction field experience preferred.
- Education Preferred: Four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred Language skills: English proficiency required; conversational Spanish a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
Work Environment & Travel:
- Minimal travel required
- Physical Abilities Required
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, climb stairs, use hands