(#12512) - Indiana
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a Production Supervisor in Indiana.
The Production Supervisor is a part of the plant's management team. The Production Supervisor directly supervises production foreman accomplish the daily production goals. The Production Supervisor is held accountable for managing foremen, and through the foremen, plant employees to accomplish the operational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and plan production activities and establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations, cost factors, and overtime.
- Assist supervisor with development, implementation and sustaining of production improvements.
- Serves as a role model for employees with regard to attendance, timeliness, loyalty, mutual respect, and support for organizational teamwork and continuous improvement
- Plan and communicate with foremen daily.
- Coordinate with supervisor the maintenance of established safety programs, production volumes, project specifications, and delivery milestones.
- Direct and observe workers to ensure compliance with safety and company policies and standards.
- Document and conduct proper investigation on safety, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Coordinate manpower with direct supervisor to meet production goals with minimum overtime.
- Identify areas to cut costs in overtime hours, labor, overhead, and material costs.
- Maintain inventory controls, and order materials o for on time delivery.
- Responsible for the quality and housekeeping of assigned areas.
- Independently directs employees’ work, including making work assignments and/or transferring employees from one area to another as needed to support production schedules.
- Ensure routine inspections and scheduled maintenance on equipment are completed.
- Makes recommendations for hiring, transferring, promoting, and rewarding employees.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous manufacturing/industrial maintenance experience required.
- Experience in precast and prestressed concrete manufacturing
- ACI level 1 and PCI Level 2 Certifications.
- EXCEL and Microsoft Office program knowledge a must.
- Ability to lead, direct, prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb up onto or down from equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders and walk lengthy distances in an industrial setting
- It will be necessary to work in outside conditions that can include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.