Production/ Plant Engineer
(#10472) - West Coast US
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
We are currently seeking a Production/ Plant Engineer for a PCI Certified Plant in the Western US.
This is a hands-on position working with the Plant Manager, Superintendent, Inspectors, and Clients to meet quality and production goals in an efficient and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate material orders and quantities; completes material take-offs, monitors inventory
- Looks and schedules ahead – forms, materials, drawings, equipment, etc.
- Responsible for material purchasing (Reinforcing steel, prestress strand, steel embeds, etc.) and coordination to ensure on time quality production
- Prepares and monitors casting schedules,
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently and positively with consultants, inspectors, suppliers, and other organizations
- Accurately read, interpret, and communicate, contract and shop drawings and specifications
- Provides AutoCAD details and drawings as needed for planning and production
- Reads and understands all project requirements – specs, plans, schedules, details, etc.
- Reviews calculations and designs for plant needs; stressing heads, hold downs, formwork, etc.
- Schedules deliveries of finished product to jobsite
- Continue to improve themselves through company sponsored webinars, seminars and classes or coursework.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
- PCI Level I/II
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- EIT Certificate
- Experience with structural precast, prestressing, and post- tensioning
- 5+ years in construction in the precast industry