(#12602) - Minnesota
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Production Manager in Minnesota.
Seeking a hands-on Production Manager with Columbia model 16 block machine experience.
Ideal candidate will have 5 years of supervisory management experience and 5 years of block making experience.
The Production Manager reports to the Site Manager. The Production Manager has a supervisory role over production staff. The expectations of this position are defined by hands-on production management, professional conduct, direction and coordination of employees and resources, enforcing productivity and quality standards, maintenance and care of company equipment and facilities, and acting in the best interests of the company at all times.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
Principal Duties, but not limited to;
- Communicate effectively with the Site Manager and/or CSY/Yard Manager as required.
- Actively participate in recruiting and hiring staff as required as well as discipline measures up to and including termination.
- Schedule manpower and resources to meet production requirements of internal customers, inventory and assure schedules are met.
- Communicate in a timely fashion all daily production reporting to ensure adequate raw material inventory and maintain accurate finished goods inventory.
- Maintain hands-on, working knowledge of all production and processing systems and work production positions as needed.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, efficiency, and product quality.
- Assure employees understand the level of quality expected, and hold them accountable for poor quality.
- Examine raw materials, equipment, processes, and finished goods to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Recommend and coordinate procedures for periodic facility and equipment maintenance or modification.
- Enforce company policies, rules, and safety programs.
- Provide technical and production support for all production facilities on an as-needed basis
- Act as a liaison between management and staff to maintain employee/employer relations, morale of staff, and promote improved communication.
- Set minimum acceptable standards for daily, weekly and monthly housekeeping. Hold personnel accountable for assigned areas.
- Communicate effectively with CSY/Yard Manager to facilitate stock rotation and appropriate placement of inventory.