(#7654) - Michigan
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Plant Manager in Michigan.
- Assess staff skill set and address essential training needs to promote retention
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports and advise on year end performance reviews for all personnel.
- Make critical hiring and firing decisions
- Make critical decisions relative to production schedules, orders, invoicing and pricing
- Work with production to optimize process, meet production targets, and grow plant capacity
- Perform predictive/preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of plant equipment
- Interface with machinery vendors
- Monitor incoming raw materials for quality
- Operate paver manufacturing equipment as needed to cover for breaks and vacations.
- Compile monthly operations data and prepare monthly reports for Sr. Management
- Make critical production scheduling decisions
- Coordinate with sales to address inventory volumes and production planning to meet regional demands
- Maintain accurate control over total plant inventory
- 5+ years’ experience in a lead/supervisory role in concrete products manufacturing
- Besser machinery experience preferred
- Good maintenance skills to include electrical maintenance
- Working knowledge of concrete molds
- Ability to lead diverse team
- Requires good reading, writing, mathematical skills and excellent communication skills.