(#8138) - Pennsylvania
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a Plant Manager in PA.
- The basic function of the Plant Manager is to oversee, direct, coordinate, report and complete all projects within the allotted time frame, at or under the predetermined budget and in keeping with the quality standards of the company
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
- Oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Another basic function is to participate actively in the bid review process and to offer objective assessments for the manpower requirements and production rates which can be achieved.
- Must have strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Authority and Reporting Relationships:
- The Plant Manager receives sufficient authority from and is accountable to the President/General Manager for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- The Plant Manager has the authority to direct the delivery schedule of materials to be used in ongoing and upcoming projects. The Plant Manager has the authority to purchase plant supplies and tools within the limitations granted by the President/General Manager.
- The Plant Manager may recommend an employee for termination however this requires the approval of the Plant Superintendent and General Manager.
- To provide guidance, council, and direction to all company employees reporting directly and indirectly to this position.
- The Plant Manger reports to the President/General Manager.
- EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent.
- EXPERIENCE: 5 to 10 years’ experience in the manufacture of precuts concrete fixtures,
- with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management and supervisory function of plant operations.
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: Computer literacy. Be able to read blue prints, be familiar with construction techniques, understand transportation and handling equipment used for the finished product. Must be able to supervise, direct and schedule plant personnel and equipment in a manner that will achieve set goals and objectives.
- PHYSICAL: Body Position - Sitting standing, kneeling. Body Movements - Walking, climbing, crawling, lifting up to 75 pounds. Body Senses - Use of all body senses
- MENTAL: Must have a strong command of math skills for use in estimating, planning, and reporting. Must have command of the English language and be able to speak and write English fluently. Must have a strong mechanical aptitude to apply to the practical side of production, mechanical drawings, and proposals.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: This person will be working a portion of the day in an office environment. The remainder of the day will be spent in the plant, in the yard, or at the batch plant. Outside of the office the conditions can be hot, cold, dusty, muddy, and noisy. These conditions will exist throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help maintain a master production schedule and inventory status on the production Scheduling Board.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Continually review work in progress and productivity on all projects. Report difficulties related to receipt of materials, interpretation of drawings, upcoming projects, labor, transportation etc. Make recommendations and report on actions taken to eliminate the difficulties.
- Oversee Assy. Plant Superintendent’s maintenance of tool room and check the accountability of tools assigned to the room. Report shortages to President after monthly inspection.
- Review materials received and verify that the proper items and quantity is represented on the receiving document. Initial, code and forward the receiving document to the accounting department.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- On a weekly basis, complete an inventory of all supply items. On an annual basis, complete a full inventory of the entire shop area, supply room, tools, and shop supplies.
- Ensure quality of product by overseeing physical testing and by visual inspection. Be responsible for the quality assurance on all projects in keeping with the quality standards of the company, PCI and with the requirements of the individual project
- Report poor quality workmanship and/or end product to administration; stop production if necessary.
- Ensure safe working conditions. Participate in Safety Committee meetings, and enforce the use of safety equipment by all employees as well as visitors to the production areas.
- Be responsible for meeting or bettering the job time schedule and, at the same time, limiting use of over-time.
- Coordinate with customer and shipping agent and schedule shipping agreeable to all three entities and, at the same time, maintaining the most economical shipping arrangements.
- Track all completed products.
- Maintain a harmonious relationship with all suppliers, inspectors and employees. Project a professional company image through performance to the employees, customers, inspectors, and vendors.
- Enforce adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- The Plant Manager may, and should, delegate actual performance of any of the assigned duties to other personnel in the interest of efficiency and economy. Such delegation shall not, however, effect the responsibility for and authority over policies, methods or procedures or the accuracy and results of the work so delegated.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the President/Vice President.
Measures of Performance:
- The Plant Manager shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been accomplished
- Demonstrates ability to operate the production facility in a profitable manner.
- Demonstrates capacity and ability to establish & maintain organizational stability of the production facility and personnel.
- Timely, consistent and smooth coordination of the assigned job activities requiring minimum activity and involvement by the General Manager.
- Timely, consistent, and smooth coordination of administrative or job assigned related activities.
- Timely and consistent safety consciousness demonstrated as related to personnel, materials, and equipment.
- All work meets specifications and quality standards.
- Contracts are completed within or below the estimated cost for each job.
- Timely and consistent flow of production and delivery scheduling.
- Over-all satisfaction of President-Vice President.