(#10174) - Nationwide
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking Plant Managers Nationwide.
The Plant Manager oversees the manufacturing of wetcast/drycast concrete products and rebar/steel as determined by production schedules, forecasts, and work orders submitted via customer requests. The Plant Manager also oversees the yard, which includes the loading, receiving, and delivery of products. This position is one of the key management members that ensures the safety of all employees.
- Responsible for the overall safety of the plant.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment for all employees
- Prepare, implement, evaluate, and execute daily expectations of work orders by providing quality product from correct dimensions, quality concrete pours, strength of product, etc. in a timely manner without continuous overtime.
- Organize daily and weekly workflow based on production schedules and customer demands. Ensure all teams in production are well informed of the daily tasks and deadlines set forth for the day.
- Maximize resources to exceed efficiency.
- Ensure quality of all products is constantly monitored.
- Ensure all employees are performing job duties in a safe manner and ensure work environment is organized and free of hazards.
- Coordinate work schedules to meet the customer demands for productions schedule and ensure proper labor count to support demands.
- Monitor overtime hours and labor costs daily, weekly, etc. to manage labor costs.
- Identify areas of cost savings, efficiencies, and quality of product manufacturing based on observations and evaluations of products lines.
- Offer suggestions for improvement of production functions and implement processes that ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure all employees in the plant have been properly trained on manufacturing process, utilization of tools, safety, production demands, quality expectations, dependability expectations, and efficiency goals.
- Ensure that all employees operating machinery are certified and properly trained prior to utilizing any machinery (i.e. cranes, forklifts, rebar bender, cutters, etc.)
- Conduct safety meetings with employees to educate on a variety of topics to encourage safe practices and to make employees aware of the importance of safety.
- Motivate employees in work area to achieve production goals and quality standards.
- Lead by example on properly conducting themselves in a positive manner with communication and direction.
- Delegate expectations to other managers and supervisors to communicate to their departments.
- Responsible for overseeing the plant. Managerial responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; motivating, evaluating, rewarding