Outside Sales Representative
(#11836) - Maryland
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking an Outside Sales Rep in Maryland.
Outside Sales Representative will work with an established group of sales professionals including Estimators, Outside Sales and Project Managers dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service in the precast concrete industry. This person will have a desire for producing high quality results. The Sales Representative will be responsible for all sales related activities for the Wet or Dry Utility product lines.
- Assist the Sales Manager in developing strategy and tactics that ensure the attainment of company sales goals and profitability in key markets through assigned geography.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to include on demand forecasting, competitor capabilities, customer profiles and the next best alternatives.
- Identify and bid all appropriate projects within assigned marketing area.
- Participate in the development of bid strategy for each job.
- Establish short and long term goals and strategies in regards to key clients.
- Develop specific action plans to achieve goals.
- Make specific recommendations regarding advertising, promotions, and public relations as they affect sales and stakeholder management.
- Will be responsible for meeting specific sales volumes and profit margin goals.
- Partner with other departments (Quality Control, Production Operations, Transportation, Dispatch, etc) to ensure every account receives appropriate level of customer service.
- Actively participate in industry-related associations as required in order to develop and maintain key networking and business relationships.
- Manage OI relationship with key accounts throughout region.
- Prospect opportunities and companies within core markets
Qualifications (Education/Experience) and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience 5+ yrs. experience in Outside Sales in an industrial business Building products manufacturer, independent sales rep firm or commercial/industrial products distributor experience is a plus
- Be experienced with technical sales to engineers and specifying agencies (Not necessity but a plus) Be proficient in basic Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Demonstrate strong business acumen in regards to all aspects of sales and marketing; be knowledgeable in regards to current and possible future industry trends.
- Must have the drive and self-discipline to work independently within territory to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers - both internal and external.
- Be able to analyze current processes and recommend changes to maximize efficiency.
- Be a pro-active, self-motivated, self-starter who is action oriented and drives for results.
- Foster a collaborative, team-based approach.
- Analyze sales trends to increase sales
- Maintain sales area records on customer sales
- Searching a sales representative to complement sales team
- Drive outside sales within territory
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales
- Lead all sales within territory
- Develop a territory sales plan
- Utilizing sales system to optimize sales calls
- Complete job site survey reports for all new customer job sites and existing customer job sites
- Mastering the sales representative position
- Provide weekly sales updates to sales management
- Develop and maintain sales forecasts on anticipated territory sales
- Exceed sales goals in assigned territory
- Coordinate sales calls and associated paper work with inside sales/sales support
- Exerting sales effort necessary to meet sales quota
- Achieve sales goals for assigned accounts and assigned sales area
- Achieve and exceed territory sales goals
- Meet or exceed sales call activity goals for new sales
- Conduct sales presentations to customers
- Succeed in company sponsored training classes