(#8806) - North Carolina
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking an Operations Manager in North Carolina.
Operations Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, leading and continually improving the management systems in alignment with organizational Strategic Objectives; and developing high performance teams to achieve the objectives. Process responsibilities include Safety, Quality, Delivery, Maintenance (facilities and equipment), Capital projects and Process Improvement. Operations Manager leads the production of the block plants, inventory management of the storage yard, and the efficient, accurate and on-time loading of orders from dispatch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively recruit, select, on-board and develop leadership and team performance by providing clarity of strategies and expectations in alignment with organizational goals.
- Manage company assets through the development and implementation of systems to maintain and improve existing facilities and equipment; and identify, justify and implement capital improvements in alignment with company strategies.
- Manage the raw material receiving, quality, storage and replenishment processes to reduce process variation, ensure operational efficiency and minimize operating cost.
- Manage the capacity of the facilities, equipment, staffing and skills to ensure that key performance metrics targets are achieved in alignment with customer demand and strategic objectives.
- Maintain robust engineering and quality systems to ensure products and services meet customer, regulatory requirements and cost objectives.
- Continually improve the cost-effective use of labor and materials through scientific data-driven problem-solving methodologies (i.e.: Lean Six Sigma).
- Manage performance metrics and reporting to focus improvement activities and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical specialty (or equivalent work experience)
- 10 years’ experience in managing a Concrete Masonry Unit Manufacturing facility
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products (automated batching system experience is a plus)
- Strong organization, project management and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills within masonry plant operations
- Strong interpersonal skills (communicate well at all levels within the organization)
- Demonstrated ability to lead improvement efforts and contribute to the success of a team