(#7821) - Northern Midwest
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
This position is responsible for the mechanical design, development, and improvements of new or existing products.
The Mechanical Engineer reports to Engineering Manager.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
- Originates and/or develops designs for products relating to defined project specifications.
- Creates mechanical models and drawings of product line.
- Creates mechanical bill-of-materials of product design.
- Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design evaluation/optimization, and production issues.
- Responsible for meeting project costs/margins and target release dates.
- Understands lean manufacturing concepts and initiates process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required.
Experience: Seven years of industry related experience. Three years experience in SolidWorks.
Skills: Ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working models and drawings. Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing process, materials programming software, business systems, and Microsoft Office software programs. Strong verbal and written communications skills.