Mechanical Design Engineer - Precast Forms
(#12555) - FL
Industry: Concrete Construction Supplies
Seeking a mechanical engineer with experience designing precast forms!
Reporting: To the Head of the Engineering Department
- Use Autodesk Inventor 3D design modeling software to engineer and develop forming systems for the precast concrete industry.
- Evaluate existing products and processes for improvement.
- Participate in the design and development of new products.
- Design components and assemblies, source hardware, detail prints and release technical documentation package to production.
- Manage sourcing and work with vendors to select materials, parts and components.
- Collaborate with sales engineers and customers to specify technical requirements
- Estimate cost and assist in developing product pricing.
- Manage projects from concept through engineering and fabrication to delivery
- Use AutoCAD software for layouts to customers.
- Work with the production floor to assess and solve problems, improve design for manufacturability.
- Collaborate with other members of the executive team to drive process efficiency and cost saving measures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling tools Autodesk Inventor and Auto CAD Mechanical.
- 3+ years of recent mechanical design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years proficiency in Autodesk Inventor and Auto CAD Mechanical.
- Experience in the precast form design is desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge in FEA (finite element analysis) is desirable, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems and components.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Application (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Able to travel for projects as required; travel is typically minimal
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, organized and maintaining a positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities with any and all customers and team members
- Moderate to extensive experience associated with industrial metal fabrication.
- Full Time position with typical office hours 8am-5pm
- Working for a growing and internationally renowned specialist in the field of mold development for precast production
- Challenging activities and projects in an internationally oriented company network
- Comprehensive product training at headquarters in Europe and continued professional development opportunities
- Attractive and performance-related pay
- 401(k) pension plan, Dental, Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Health insurance, Life insurance, PTO, paid sick days, Vision insurance