Masa Machine Operator
(#9105) - UT
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a MASA Machine Operator in Utah.
Operates plant machinery as directed and specified while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Sets stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Observes machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Performs routine machine maintenance
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
Supervises and instructs his production team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or higher; or at least three years of related manufacturing experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently. Proven success in leading a team
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must encompass computer literacy
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs
- Will be performing work in differing physical environments from heat to cold depending on weather
- Able to work a flexible schedule