(#12474) - Texas
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic in Texas.
Works with the Plant Manager in managing the activities related to the repair and maintenance of all machinery and mechanical equipment, and all buildings; and assist the Plant Manager in problem solving and process improvement.
- Works with the Plant Manager to manage repair and maintenance activities in a cost effective and customer focused manner.
- Commences work one hour before the plant start time, opens building, opens gate, checks all lift equipment, starts up the air compressor, and services the air filter and water drain.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on all company machinery and equipment, including overhead cranes, lifts, light trucks, automobiles, and production equipment.
- Sets up and maintains a preventative maintenance schedule on all major machinery and equipment.
- Provides Plant Manager with current information on equipment condition and upcoming equipment maintenance.
- Maintains up-to-date maintenance and repair records on all major equipment, including those records required by OSHA and DOT.
- Oversees major equipment operation to ensure appropriate, safe and efficient use.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma and a minimum of five years of experience as a maintenance mechanic in a plant environment utilizing lift equipment, overhead cranes, air compressors and light vehicles.
- Must have 3+ years of working on Diesel Engines
- Must have 3+ years working with hydraulics
- Must be a certified mechanic for the type of equipment utilized or be willing to take training and successfully obtain certification.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. The work described will require the Maintenance Mechanic to be in the plant or yard the majority of the time. This employee will be required to wear all safety equipment required of regular plant personnel, plus any special protective equipment related to maintenance activities. The overall noise level is low, with occasional periods of moderate noise.Apply for this position.