(#12087) - Upper Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a Maintenance Manager in the Upper Midwest.
Directs the maintenance programs and processes of the Valders WI plant to ensure all equipment is in safe and working order. Coordinates with other management staff to ensure efficiency in preventative maintenance and new equipment installation. Oversees facility and equipment inspections/repairs. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides supervision and leadership of up to 10 Maintenance General Laborers including coordinating and directing work, promoting safety and teamwork, conflict resolution and performance management.
- Plan, organize and supervise maintenance and repairs to the company facilities, equipment and rolling stock.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly work schedules of open work orders based on priorities established in conjunction with Production Management.
- Develops, implements and manages key performance indicators (KPI’s) for each area of responsibility within the maintenance department.
- Reviews daily/weekly equipment checklists – prioritizes and schedules needed repairs in conjunction with production managers to ensure equipment availability as needed.
- Coordinates any necessary repairs with the appropriate department to mitigate downtime of critical equipment.
- Researches, implements and maintains a Total Predictive Maintenance program. Includes developing a Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule and ensuring that all preventative maintenance is carried out as scheduled.
- Develops, implements and maintains a Class A, Class B and Class C equipment list and corresponding maintenance checklist and audit program to ensure preventative maintenance is carried out within predetermined timeframes.
- Schedules planned downtime in conjunction with production departments.
- Manages contracted maintenance, repairs and construction projects.
- Maintains the CMMS program and ensures all workorders are being actively addressed, as well as making sure all aspects of the CMMS are fully utilized (Examples: PM work orders and Inventory)
- Manages inventory of all repair parts in conjunction with the Maintenance Coordinator.
- Establishes and maintains proper min/max on inventoriable items.
- Responsible for the leadership of the maintenance departments including recruitment, hiring, training and performance evaluations for all production and administrative maintenance personnel. Creates a personal development path for each of the maintenance technicians, in order to bring the departments skill level up to a higher level.
- Establishes and maintains a parts ordering system that ensures parts are available when needed.
- Works closely with the Purchasing Department to source materials, components, supplies and services.
- Assists with negotiating pricing, availability and terms of purchase. Oversees parts orders through Purchasing for items necessary to operate the department. Maintains detailed and accurate records of purchased items, cost, delivery, performance and inventory.
- Performs cost justifications and comparisons based on total supply chain costs.
- Follows grants of spending authority, submitting Project Authorization Requests (PAR) with proper justification and back-up.
- Develops a process to keep spending in line with monthly budgeted spending.
- Develops relationships with key vendors to ensure their availability when needed.
- Works with vendors to obtain information concerning product/service, price, availability, ordering and delivery dates.
- Analyzes and updates vendor quotes, quality and performance ratings. Approves vendor invoices for payments within limits of company grants of authority to meet cost and inventory goals.
- Manages the process of bringing new equipment/machinery into the facility. This includes participating in developing specifications, managing suppliers and installation to final invoicing.
- Manages the process of disposal of obsolete equipment/machinery. This includes approval to dispose of, obtaining the title from corporate (when applicable), removing from asset list, and having it removed from the property in a safe and legal manner.
- Interacts with key vendors and internal customers to coordinate and resolve difficulties which arise during and after the procurement process.
- Creates Standard Work Instructions for the department as needed.
- Uses lean tools such as 5s/Visual factory to organize the maintenance area to maintain a safe work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Maintenance or related field preferred; equivalent Facilities Maintenance experience will be considered.
- Three (3) years of previous Facilities Maintenance Management experience required.
- Previous purchasing experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with receiving and shipping documents in order to receive an order and check for accuracy and correctness.
- Ability to physically lift or move material and items that may weigh upwards of ninety pounds.
- Understanding of ERP systems use; Experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software applications for data gathering, statistical analysis, report preparation, presentation development and general communication.
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people verbally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and develop effective courses of action.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain focus, objectivity and composure in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills required.
- Experience with developing a Total Predictive Maintenance system (TPM) preferred.
- Experience with CMMS maintenance software is preferred.