(#10172) - Southern California
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Maintenance Manager in Southern California.
Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of workers activities related to the setup, installation, maintenance and repair of equipment, tools and machinery to ensure to non-stop operation of the plant/location assigned.
- Direct workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Assist and direct workers in diagnosis of malfunctions in equipment and machinery.
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and assign mechanic for repair.
- Direct workers engaged in dismantling, assembling and installing equipment, parts and machinery.
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies and safety regulations to ensure compliance and safe work environment.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Plan and implement a schedule of routine and preventative maintenance procedures and assign and monitor personnel.
- Order parts needed for special projects, routine maintenance requirements, spare parts, tools and equipment needed.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs / monitors existing programs.
- Coordinates maintenance services to be provided by outside vendors, including warranties and service contracts.
- Associate Degree or equivalent in training, education or 5 years of experience as maintenance manager, or equivalent combination of experience, training and education.
- Knowledge of PLC ladder logic/programming for automated batching and blending.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene and the ability to ensure compliance.