Lead QC Inspector
(#9774) - Central U.S.
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a Lead QC Inspector in Central U.S.
- Coordinate and supervise daily QC activities of up to three technicians
- Supervise detailing/patching department and provide guidance for repair techniques
- Be involved in mix design preparation and testing
- Perform pre and post pour inspections of architectural and structural products
- Observe concrete placement and communicate with batch plant operator as required
- Serve as back-up batch plant operator
- Manage curing/heating cycles for each casting bed
- Communicate with batch plant daily regarding mix performance and make adjustments as necessary
- Perform plastic concrete testing
- Prepare and verify complete quality control records including data entry of pertinent product information
- Prepare and track product non-conformances
- Work closely with post-processing department during sandblasting and acid etching to ensure and verify consistency from day to day
- Maintain and schedule equipment calibrations
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Actively participate and company health and safety programs
Areas of Accountability:
- Provide strong leadership to the QC team
- Ensure plant management is kept informed of quality issues and concerns
- Respond proactively to non-conformances and assist in the root cause process
- Ensure department recordkeeping meets PCI guidelines
- Be proactive with production department to identify and remedy issues
- Be respectful of all team members and provide constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior
- Embrace and drive change
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven leadership skills.
- Architectural concrete experience strongly desired, particularly long-line prestressed production
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communicator with ability to communicate effectively with range of personalities
- Broad knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation
- Basic knowledge of Windows suite including excel and word
- High school diploma and strong math skills required. Some upper education in engineering disciple preferred.
- 5 years in precast production environment, minimum 2 years in Quality Control.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Regularly required stand, push, pull, and kneel for extended periods
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to construction environment, including dust and noise
- Exposure to seasonal outdoor elements
- Must demonstrate visual acuity, including ability to discern color variations