(#12221) - Mid-Atlantic
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking a General Manager in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Responsible for overall management and performance of the Precast/Prestress/Block Divisions, including but not limited to providing leadership in the following areas: Strategic Planning, Customer/Client relationship management, overall budget and P & L responsibility, personnel management, strategic vendor management, plant and capital asset management, and overall job/project performance. This position is also a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will help with strategic planning and direction of the larger organization.
The position reports to the CEO.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Develop annual operating and capital budget with input from site staff, controller, CFO and CEO.
- Review bid quotations / estimates.
- Strive for a safe working environment for employees, vendors, customers, and the community.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- Maintain current assets and develop strategic capital expenditure plans to assure short term goals are met and enable a long term viable business.
- Monitor plant production and coordinate production scheduling.
- Monitor Field activities.
- Prepare forecasts for cash flow and borrowing base analysis.
- Prepare, review and submit monthly progress reports on individual projects.
- Prepare monthly credits and job costs for monthly income statement financials.
- Collaborate with company leadership on integrated Strategic Goals.
- Leadership of all Precast, Prestress, Block personnel.
- Develop personnel growth opportunities and provide succession plans for key positions.
- Become an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Previous P&L Leadership Responsibility.
- Proven track record of solid leadership capabilities in a manufacturing environment.
- General knowledge of concrete manufacturing practices.
- General knowledge of precast, prestress and block construction industry.
- Personnel management & development experience.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines.
- Problem solving ability.
- Relevant Computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have 15+ years experience in precast/prestress concrete manufacturing or civil infrastructure construction.
- Experience leading site multi- functional team of 100+ employees.
- Knowledge, skills and experience are aligned with our company’s Vision and Guiding Principles.