(#11762) - Maine
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a General Manager in Maine.
A 3rd generation, family-owned, 75 year-old company is seeking a General Manager. This position will report to the Owners and will run the day to day business operations.
Responsibilities include planning, organizing, and directing systems, policies and procedures to ensure that profit goals are met through a smooth-running operation that supports the delivery of products and exceptional service to our customers.
Essential duties include:
- Working collaboratively with the Owners to set the overall Company strategy and direction, and then lead the implementation and execution of that strategy.
- Maintaining knowledge of market trends in the industry, and ensuring the Company maximizes its market share through competitive advantages.
- Overseeing Sales, Manufacturing, Operations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance and Safety.
- Ensuring that customers’ expectations are being exceeded with respect to customer service, product availability, and delivery.
- Reviewing business improvement activities, costs, operations, manufacturing, and sales forecast data to manage Company progress toward budget goals and objectives.
- Monitoring operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to manage operational costs and maximize net revenue.
- Resolving operational, manufacturing, facility, employee and customer issues.
- Interfacing with the Owners on all capital improvement projects, and overseeing implementation.
Interested applicants should have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a closely related field, or the equivalent in closely-related work experience;
- At least 10 years of progressively-responsible experience at a management level in product manufacturing and/or wholesale and retail sales with multiple locations.
- Proven leadership, sales management, and customer service experience required.
- Experience working in a family-owned business preferred; ability and desire to be a “hands-on” manager.