(#7500) - Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
United Employment Group is seeking an Estimator in Texas.
This position is accountable for analysis of project plans, specifications, soils reports and other related project information to determines cost estimates including, but not limited to, materials, labor rates and hours, equipment, supplier costs, and subcontractor costs to prepare bid proposals. This position is office based with some travel to job sites for estimating purposes.
- Applies technical skills with minimal guidance from others and often works independently
- Exhibits the ability to effectively work closely with Business Development VP and
- Project Management Team to help ensure success in the bid estimation process for concrete construction projects
- Demonstrates ability to review and evaluate requests for estimates
- Demonstrates ability to prepare and/or review written Proposals for completeness and accuracy
- Demonstrates ability to prepare weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates
- Demonstrates ability prepare cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead cost incurred in the installation of items
- Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain cost data, including labor and equipment rates, installation methods and production rates
- Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain estimating procedures and guidelines
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
- Business Acumen (Business Awareness, Knowledge): Knowledgeable and understanding of business operations and functions, and the ability to align goals to support the business.
- Change Management (Change Readiness, Conflict Management): Demonstrates support for innovation to improve effectiveness; Initiate, sponsor, and implement organizational change.
- Collaboration (Relationships, Team Interface): Establishes constructive relationship with clients and other work units to meet mutual goals and objectives of the company.
- Communication (Verbal, Written): Utilizes verbal and written communication skills to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
- Managing Work (Initiative, Productivity, Results Orientation): Shows ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others, and provide follow up to insure quality standards.
- Problem Solving (Analytical, Creative): Makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions.
- Talent Development (Coaching, Developing Others): Continuous development of juniors; set goals, expectation, and objectives in ways that motivate them
- Trust and Integrity (integrity, Credibility, Influence): Follows through on commitments; respects and maintains confidentiality
- Budget: Performance on projects and establish estimation standards for future estimates based on analysis, assist with oversight of the historical cost.
- Customer Focus: Shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers
- Influence: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and techniques to gain acceptance for ideas or solutions.
- Marketing: Develops branding expansion in markets, displays awareness and creates opportunities for value to be ongoing and building on strong relationships.
- Professionalism: Expresses high level of skills, ethics and behavior; including practical understanding of workplace standards.
- Quality Orientation: Monitors and checks work to meet quality standards.
- Work Standard: Sets high standards and well-defined goals; displays high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments with minimal supervision.
- A Minimum of (5) years field and/or estimating experience in structural and light commercial concrete construction, or equivalent work experience required.
- BS Degree in Construction Management or related discipline. Field experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, ICE, OST, and MS Project.
- Ability to perform in high-stress situations and meet tight deadlines.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills for project efficiency
- Ability to understand scope requirements based on project documents and customer communication.
- Time management and organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable workplace accommodation.
- The individual must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to work or visit areas where it is required. This includes hard hat, safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, or other protective equipment as required by the work performed and location the work is being done.
- The incumbent must possess the ability to remain calm during emergencies and respond appropriately as dictated by the circumstance of the incident and as directed by the Safety Representative or other management personnel. Must be capable of evacuating the work area in a timely manner should an emergency situation arise.