(#10167) - Southeast
Industry: Stone Veneer
United Employment Group is seeking an Estimator in the Southeast.
- Searching construction news services (Dodge, Blue Book, etc.) to identify projects that utilize the company’s products, making contact with prospective customer, pre-qualifying opportunities
- Supports sales staff in all bidding activities by taking construction plans and performing complete take-offs, pricing jobs (with sales input), preparing sales proposals and appropriate scope of work
- Develops and maintains organized digital filing system to store all project information
- Maintains proficiency in company’s take-off software and hardware in order to improve efficiency and organization
- Tracks key metrics on bidding activity by end use sector and Account manager such as close ratio, total SF of bids, total $ of bids, etc.
- Interfaces with customers on design and specification issues as well as for clarifying details in plans and blueprints
- Provides technical support to sales team in customer meetings
- Able to travel to projects in the field to verify product quantities in advance of installation or following completion in order to verify accuracy of plans and, if appropriate, prepare an extra work order working with the sales staff
- Handles customer issues and concerns in a professional and courteous manner that protects the interests of the company and also best satisfies the customer
- Assists in developing and implementing new procedures that will improve accuracy and efficiency of the company’s sales and installation operations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with management, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to utilize appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to gain agreement or acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, product or service from customers.
- Absolute understanding of the construction process
- Ability to deliver a consistent, accurate and up to date description of the services and products offered by the Company, while setting realistic expectations of the Company’s ability to deliver these products and/or services.
- Excellent time management, decision making, human relations, presentation and organization skills.
- Education and Experience
- High School Diploma; two-year technical degree or Bachelor’s degree (technical or construction management major) is desired or equivalent experience.
- Requires five (5) or more years experience in a building products environment performing construction estimating
- Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office products (MS Word and Excel); must be capable user of email