(#7801) - West Coast
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking an Engineering Manager on the West Coast.
- B.S. in Engineering (Civil/Structural)
- Masters’ Degree in Engineering or related field required
- Registered P.E. in CA, OR, and NV or ability to obtain
- 10 or more years commercial construction/precast concrete experience preferred
- 5 or more years managing personnel
- Experience working in design teams with architects is a plus
- Strong organizational skills along with meticulous attention to detail
- Accurate and concise communication/ presentation skills and ability to demonstrate design intent to internal and external customers
- Manage and support Engineering Design Team and Drafting staff
- Working with engineering team to establish and support engineering design submittals to ensure timely production.
- Analyze and allocate internal design team member resources as necessary to support submittals.
- Analyze and allocate internal and external resources to ensure shop drawing generation production in timely fashion.
- Manage project resources to target engineering project budgets and support department goals regarding direct/indirect ratios.
- Make recommendations to upper management in regards to current and upcoming projects
- Monitor and forecast engineering project budget requirements.
- Manage engineering staff to: establish yearly goals in line with department and company objectives, establish standards for design and drafting, provide clear and effective performance feedback, and conduct consistent meetings to ensure employee communication.