(#11979) - Mid-Atlantic
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking an Engineering Manager in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Provides leadership and technical expertise to all engineering functions of a major precast concrete producer.
- Manages major projects from project coordination meeting to final completion to insure timely engineering, procurement, manufacturing, delivery and installation. Monitors and controls costs to achieve profitability goals.
- Provides leadership in establishing the engineering culture of the company.
- Establishes design and procedural standards for all matters pertaining to engineering and contract management. Automates and streamlines the same for optimum efficiency.
- Provides engineering guidance and expertise to the company and engineering department to ensure that all company, industry and regulatory standards are met for our products and projects.
- Is thoroughly familiar with applicable codes and industry standards and design practices for precast concrete products used in commercial, architectural highway and underground utility markets.
- Controls all design functions including calculations, drafting and checking
- Participates in the development of new products and procedures
- Manages the day to day activities of the engineering department, including design, contract management and general administration.
- Supervises a staff of 6-10 including engineers, draftsmen, project managers and clerical.
- Sets up and updates schedules, assigns resources and effectively follows up on progress to meet schedule deadlines.
- Monitors engineering department productive output and quality to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Interfaces with owners, architects, general contractors and subcontractors to design and effectively complete projects within time and cost constraints.
- Uses planning tools to maintain satisfactory project progress.
- Procures Engineering and drafting services from engineering subcontractors, and effectively directs and controls their work.
- Assures preparation of all pertinent project documents, including erection drawings, structural calculations, job files, project submittals etc.
- Keeps updated master files for the projects and implements effective engineering administrative procedures.
- Provides updated project costs to management.
- Keeps SMC management routinely informed of project work progress, including quality and cost issues.
- Documents all changes affecting cost, initiates field change orders. Advises Sales of significant changes to contract.
- Confirm billing dates and submission of acceptable invoices by accounting.
- Continuous improvement to eliminate defects, waste and improve workflow and processes
- Member of the executive staff
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- 2 years experience as chief engineer or 5 years experience with 2 years as Assistant Chief Engineer or Project Manager.
- Engineering degree, preferably in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Concrete precast experience, preferably Architectural and Utility precast.
- Experienced in project management.
- Good leadership, communication and people skills.
- Good knowledge of computers – AutoCad 14, Excel, Word, Project Management, BIM