Electrical Engineer - Concrete Production Equipment
(#10531) - Pacific Northwest
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
Industry: Concrete Construction Supplies
Seeking a degreed Electrical Engineer for a well-known client in the Pacific Northwest!
Design electrical products and system controls by developing and testing components, specifications and methods
- Meet customer expectations by clear and concise two-way communication.
- Design and evaluate systems and products by applying sound principles of power management, system/component control, and human/machine interface.
- Maximize the efficiency of the department by successfully accomplishing projects within the allotment time frame with a focus on avoiding any non-value added word or re-work
- Provide product, service or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Determine improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment, engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes or use of materials or services.
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer or product, service or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer or needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to electrical engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending option and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed in a timely fashion and being willing to attempt new assignments or fill in for others as needed; accomplishes other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 10% to support sales efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree – Electrical Engineering required
- 5 years relevant experience
- Or Masters with 3 years relevant experience
- Interest in PC supervisory controls for equipment and/or process controls
- Has a process control background
- Experience with analyzing job results and planning workflow
- Experience with maintain production schedules, on multiple and simultaneous projects
Required Technical Knowledge/Skills:
- Software and programming experience for PLC and HMI
- Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PPt, Outlook)
- AutoCAD (Inventor preferred)
- Experience with Visual Basic a plus
- Rockwell Logix PLC Controls (RS Logix5000)
- Rockwell closed-loop VFD as well as Servo drives and controls
- (Graphical Interfaces) Factory Talk preferred