(#12045) - Arizona
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking an EHS Coordinator in Arizona.
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager and Subsidiary Safety Manager, this position supports the organization in all areas of safety. This position is responsible for coordinating efforts to ensure a safe working environment and those standards, record-keeping, permits and environmental concerns are maintained according to regulations. Assists in the supervision, development, and analysis of plant and production related initiatives, and is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate safety meetings, employee trainings, and all plant compliances (SWPPP, CERS, Air Pollution).
- Identifies cost saving and quality enhancing processes, procedures, equipment, and materials.
- Inspects all plant machinery, equipment and vehicles as directed.
- Contributes to the direction and coordination of when, how and to what extent maintenance, repairs and replacements are to be done.
- Contacts vendors and orders parts, materials, and supplies needed to maintain plant’s safety initiatives as directed.
- Coordinates various operations tests and collects data on test results, which helps interpret efficiencies, materials consumption, quality and process controls, and opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinates with the DecoRock and WetCast Departments developing and implementing new programs and initiatives.
- Attends and conducts training sessions to develop the skills of the employees and communicates company standards and goals.
- Develops exceptional understanding of manufacturing components such as, but not limited to, 5S, facility safety, employee training and development, quality control, process efficiency and effectiveness analysis, regulatory and compliance, materials procurement, batching standards, capital project planning and completion, data collection, and quantitative analytics.
- Ensure that new employees including temporary employees receive general orientation and location specific task training.
- Ensure that the location meets all OSHA requirements.
- Ensure that Record Keeping and Documentation requirements are met.
- Ensure that all accidents and injuries are properly investigated and that the written report accurately describes the circumstances surrounding the accident/injury.
- Order and stock safety and first aid supplies
- Hold safety and committee meetings on a monthly-basis.
- Ensure that regulatory agency required programs are readily available, maintained, reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
- Ensure that company-required programs or process are maintained.
- Complete monthly plant inspections and track written action items resulting from those inspections.
- Ensure all compliance measures are met as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Ensure that the OSHA 300 form is properly maintained and posting requirements are met.
- Complete a monthly safety report for the Plant Manager and the Subsidiary Safety Manager.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies, ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Contributes to overall business development utilizing the understanding of elements mentioned above.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years similar experience in related field.
- Basic understanding of safety knowledge.
- Requires ability to operate forklift and pass an annual forklift certification course.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to operate office equipment to include calculator, computer, copy machine, document scanner, fax and telephones.
- Keep work area clean
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by the company or its designated representatives.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Requires constant sitting, standing, and talking or listening.
- Requires occasional reaching with hands & arms and bending at the waist or neck.
- Travel time up to 10% by air or car.
- Lifting up-to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles, odors, loud noise, outdoor weather conditions, extreme hot or cold (non-weather), and near moving mechanical parts. Extreme temperatures.
- Occasional office environment with moderate noise.
- Plant environment with loud noise, moving machinery, dusty, dirty.
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)