Director of EHS
(#10767) - Pennsylvania
United Employment Group is seeking a Director of EHS in Pennsylvania.
The Director, Health & Safety position is accountable for developing and driving safety fundamentals throughout the Company. This includes the development of a health & safety strategy, metrics and reporting tied to that strategy, training implementation and ongoing monitoring of regulatory compliance.
- Counsel and instruct plant and site management personnel with regards to Company health and safety (H&S) policies and programs to ensure compliance with Federal/State agencies such as OSHA and MSHA. Publish regularly scheduled H&S reports to senior management. Present H&S topics at Company management meetings.
- Develop, implement and deliver management, supervisor and hourly H&S orientation and recurrent training programs.
- Monitor plants and masonry supply centers for compliance with OSHA, MSHA and other governmental health and safety regulations through annual audits and site visits.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation cases and serve as Company representative with insurance carriers, attorneys and agencies.
- Analyze incidents to provide direction and assistance to the locations in an effort to minimize hazards and reduce incidents.
- Schedule and perform industrial hygiene (IH) sampling; compile data and provide reports with recommendations to plant and senior management.
- Maintain online safety and health management system and databases.
- Assist plants with OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Star Site management requirements.
- Provide direction and assistance in establishing plant rules and policies and oversee implementation of these policies to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Monitor and remain current regarding all government rules and regulations and their relevance to the facilities.
- Represent the Company on H&S matters at public and industry association meetings.
- Oversee compliance with environmental permitting required for all locations.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Health & Safety or related field
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in a safety leadership position supporting manufacturing operations
- Safety & Health certifications such as CSP or CIH with in depth knowledge of safety policies and practices related to heavy industry, including OSHA, MSHA and other federal/state regulations and programs. Experience implementing 29 CFR1910.1053 (Respirable Crystalline Silica – General Industry) strongly preferred.
- Experience preparing and delivering H&S training programs in classroom or webinar format. OSHA 10/30 Hour General Industry Trainer certification preferred.
- Ability to work with management personnel and employees at all levels, strong communications skills, both oral and written
- A desire to participate in a team environment on work related issues and to teach, coach, and motivate employees at all levels
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Position requires on average 40% overnight travel