Assistant Maintenance Manager
(#12607) - Midwest
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
United Employment Group is seeking an Assistant Maintenance Manager in the Midwest.
This position is responsible for the day to day operation of the maintenance department and its activities in accordance with OSHA and plant policies and procedures. The Assistant Maintenance Manager will ensure smooth and safe production operation during shifts, train and coach maintenance employees to perform efficiently and safely.
- Primary accountability will be to support the company by maintaining the equipment in the plant at optimal condition.
- Supervises a variety of support staff in multiple departments including: Vehicles, Plant, Facilities and Custodial.
- Troubleshoot and determine appropriate repairs, replace defective parts as needed and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Responsible for all annual inspections and meeting all city, fire department and OSHA requirements for safety.
- Responds to all plant, management, patching and building concerns in a timely fashion. Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Plans and provides work assignments for each employee daily. Other duties as assigned
- Possess a thorough knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical and other automation devices required.
- Must have a good mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability to lead and supervise the maintenance team.
- Excellent computer skills required, proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Must be able to consistently lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently climbs ladders and scaffolding
- Regularly works in outside conditions that can include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.