(#12308) - Florida
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking an Area Manager in Florida.
Reporting to the VP of Block Manufacturing, the Area Manager will oversee operations of 2 block plants in the assigned territory.
- Responsible for bottom line results.
- Responsible for establishing the highest standards of in manufacturing operation, from housekeeping to safety and maintenance
- Providing exceptional leadership to staff, assessing performance, and directing all operational activities to ensure safety, product quality and consistency. Ensure employees are properly trained and equipped to perform tasks
- Ensuring workplace safety through implementation, adherence and enforcement of company standards, as well as safety programs
- Leverage existing tools to implement process improvement methods and driving high performance and productivity
- Procuring and profitably negotiating raw materials, setting up logistical details to ensure availability to meet production demand
- Implement and sustain a solid preventive maintenance program
- Responsible for financial performance of own facility (P&L, budget & forecast, inventory management, labor and capital planning)
- 7-10 years managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on management experience with budgeting, quality assurance, and troubleshooting equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to improve business results and motivate employees
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Energetic, creative, self-directed manager with high level of integrity required
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential