Supply Chain Procurement Manager
(#10025) - Northeast
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Supply Chain Procurement Manager in the Northeast.
The Supply Chain Procurement Manager will develop, lead and execute the long-term Supply Chain and Procurement strategy and capabilities along with the day to day activities necessary to support production needs and customer requirements. This role will have a strong focus on utilizing technology to implement various manufacturing/procurement applications and other continuous improvement initiatives to support all aspects of supply chain management that includes procurement, materials management, production planning, quality assurance and logistics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the product including the acquisition of raw materials, establishing production schedules and inventory levels and delivery to the customer
- Analyzes and manage the material procurement, inventory planning and management, production planning distribution and logistical functions of the company
- Purchases raw materials, supplies, equipment, and services by developing purchasing policies and procedures; reviewing, evaluating, consolidating, upgrading, and approving requests; examining and resolving shortages and quality issues; evaluating and approving vendors; evaluating and approving materials, supplies, equipment, and services
- Meets customer requirements by developing and implementing production planning, purchasing, inventory levels, transportation policies and procedures
- Manages inventory by determining and maintaining optimum inventory and cost levels.
- Reviews, prepares and completes action plans; implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Collaborates with other members of the manufacturing team to accomplish manufacturing goals and quality goals
- Interfaces daily and works closely with the manufacturing facilities to align production scheduling and purchasing to achieve materials and inventory management operational objectives
- Sustains competitive product pricing by negotiating material costs and discovering new sources. Negotiates payment terms and conditions
- 7 to 10+ years of supply chain management experience including materials procurement, production control and planning, inventory management and logistics.
- Candidates should have an excellent understanding and in-depth knowledge of the entire supply chain management process including purchasing, supply chain, inventory management, ERP, etc.in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent required
- Prior experience negotiating contracts, quality/continuous improvement initiatives with exceptional knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and practices
- Strong computer skills along with exceptional experience working with databases, data warehouse applications and utilizing technology in regards to ERP/MRP systems and integrating various IT manufacturing applications
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills
- Solid strategic sourcing and negotiation skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with J.D. Edwards System and/or similar warehouse/inventory system applications
- APICS or similar professional accreditation is preferred.