Sr. Project Manager
(#10050) - Bay Area, CA
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
United Employment Group is seeking a Sr. Project Manager in the California Bay Area.
Provide overall management and assume full responsibility for assigned projects and interface with Client/Owner. Reports to Project Director/Vice President. Construction experience a MUST.
• Works as a team with Project Superintendent.
• Plans overall construction schedule and schedule development.
• Implementation of Project Control Systems.
• Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within company policy.
• Manage and be responsible for financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income /expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with clients.
• Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of field superintendents and site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate & resolve serious situations and implement corrective measures.
• Provide strong leadership and guidance to field and site superintendents.
• Initiate and maintain liaison with client/owner and contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
• Participate as requested in the marketing, estimating, bidding and contract negotiations phases of assigned projects.
• Prepares and submit monthly, weekly progress reports and cost reports.
• Represent company/project in meetings with clients, subcontractors, unions, etc. as required.
• Review and approve all purchases and ensure Purchase Order/Buy Out process is followed.
• Timely pricing, approval and execution of Change Order management.
• 4-year Construction Management or Engineering Degree, or equivalent combination of technical training/related experience.
• Extensive (8) years or more experience in managing projects plus thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems/computer software, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
• Computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Timberline and Primavera software.
• A positive, employee-centric and family-oriented culture
• Competitive salary
• Health benefits, including medical, dental and eye care
• 401(K) Plan
• PTO Program