(#7857) - Texas
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
Concrete Paver Plant Manager Responsibilities
- Managing the production and maintenance operations of a fast paced concrete paver manufacturing operation while ensuring a safe work environment.
- Hands-on role and will lead and manage all safety, production, quality and maintenance activities as well as concrete paver plant improvement projects, distribution, and business operations.
- Supervising and training paver plant production employees to produce quality concrete products, maintenance and control of equipment, and overseeing overall appearance and housekeeping of the manufacturing plant. .
- Responsible for planning and directing the layout of Paver Plant equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Participate in the procurement of all raw materials, supplies and other production needs.
- Oversees upkeep of equipment as well as installation of any new paver plant equipment.
Concrete Paver Plant Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred in Business Administration, Engineering or related field, plus 5-7 years related experience and/or training in related functions; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 10-15 years of Concrete Hardscape Plant/Operations Management experience
- Must have proven ability to drive productivity improvement, increase efficiencies, and quality excellence.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, web-based data management tools and Internet applications.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and peers.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Must have ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematic or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Strong technical skills with five to seven years of experience in Hydraulics, Mechanical, Pneumatics, Electrical & Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Must have previous experience reviewing and understanding diagrams, blueprints and schematics of paver machinery.
- Concrete product knowledge – concrete pavers, segmental retaining wall and block pavers is a plus.
- Previous experience in concrete product manufacturing involving Big Board paver equipment (Rekers, Hess, MASA, etc.)