(#9401) - Eastern Coast, Florida
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
We're searching for a Shift Supervisor in Florida.
- Supervises the maintenance of plant and productions facilities.
- Manages personnel and equipment safely to achieve the maximum level of efficiency and productivity.
- Maintains an adequate supply of material inventory to minimize downtime.
- Maintains compliance with organization policies and safety standards.
- Encourages efficient utilization of equipment and facilities.
- Exercises general supervision with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production, meeting production schedules and delivery rates.
- Maintains up to date files on OSHA, EPA, personnel and other pertinent information.
Contributes to the maintenance of operational policies and procedures including hiring and terminating, scheduling and assigning work, measuring performance and determining pay.
- Must be safety conscious and a champion for safety
- Ability to apply moderately complex mathematical equations as applicable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computers, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Strong interpersonal, customer service, and leadership skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of block machine operation experience- preferably Besser equipment
- Knowledge of Block Manufacturing equipment maintenance
- Supervisory experience to include inventory management, production scheduling/reporting.
- Must be willing to be flexible with scheduling