Service Specialist - Concrete Equipment
(#10169) - Mid-Atlantic
Industry: Concrete Construction Supplies
A concrete equipment service specialist is needed - Apply today!
The Service Specialist plans, coordinates, and executes on-site and in-house service and maintenance for various types of concrete equipment including, but not limited to, batch plants, recycling plants, mixers, concrete pumps, and truck-mounted conveyors.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervise and assist with installation and commissioning of new and previously owned concrete equipment as noted above
- Provide on-site or remote technical assistance to troubleshoot, repair, or adjust equipment
- Perform on-site or in-house equipment assembly, upgrades, and modifications as directed by supervisor
- Operate equipment to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs
- Organize and conduct on-site safety, maintenance, and operational training for dealers and end users of equipment
- Recommend, specify, and maintain tools and equipment necessary to properly troubleshoot, repair, and maintain provided equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the workshop and warehouse areas
- Perform warranty evaluations and assist with preparing warranty claims
- Provide after-hours support as needed
- Pack, ship, and receive parts and equipment for resale
- Handle and properly dispose of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, parts cleaning solvents, and similar materials
- Complete and submit all required reports and documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- No objections or restrictions from travelling to and working in various locations in the United States, Canada, and South and Central America
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid drivers’ license and passport
- Travel to customer and dealer jobsites within and outside the U.S. up to 50% each year for periods of 1-4 weeks duration as needed to satisfy customer and project requirements.
- Employee must be located within or be willing to relocate to within 40 miles of company facility.
- demonstrated experience working with mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- working knowledge of PLC applications and Ladder Logic programming
- working knowledge of welding, grinding, and metal fabrication
- efficient use of Microsoft Office products
- familiar with the safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes, and other material handling equipment
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training in repair and maintenance of construction equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- excellent analytical skills – ability to break problems down into smaller parts, and consider multiple solutions based upon cost, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each solution
- experienced Trainer
- can understand and interpret maintenance and parts manuals
- can read blueprints and schematics
- can plan and execute tasks without supervision
- recognizes when it is necessary to request additional assistance
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to grip, manipulate, or touch; speak, and listen. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close-up and distance vision, color and depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Employee will occasionally be required to work up to 12 hour days and/or weekends as needed to satisfy customer requirements.
The work environment described here is representative of conditions an employee may encounter during the performance of the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment; high, precarious places or confined spaces; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee may be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme heat or cold; and/or high altitudes. The noise level in the work environment is typically loud. Suitable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided for use as required for conditions.
Absent undue hardship, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.Apply for this position.