Senior Project Manager
(#11704) - Colorado
Industry: Concrete Pipe
Industry: Wet and Dry Cast
United Employment Group is seeking a Senior Project Manager in Colorado.
The Senior Project Manager has responsibility over all of the company's Project Management and Estimating activities within their division. He or she will lead, develop and improve the project management, estimating and drafting departments to uphold the company's values, maintain excellent customer service standards and ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage projects
- Develop project plans and project communication plans
- Develop long-term and short-term strategic plans for departmental structure and scope of project management related activities. This includes developing and maintaining a solid training program for the department.
- Ascertain staffing levels as needed; assist in recruitment, interviewing and hiring for the department
- Provide input on the project management perspective and needs within the organization
- Provide management team with the accurate backlog report for the forecasting and scheduling needs within the department
- Identify department performance issues and intervene and address issues as they arise
- Lead weekly project review meetings
- Develop, prioritize and maintain project schedule for department
- Work with plant manager to ensure project details, drawings and materials are correct for project.
- Provide ongoing feedback to PM’s about their performance and annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service within the department.
- Proactive and clear customer communication, externally and internally.
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures consistent with company quality standards, NPCA quality, code and product standards.
- Senior PM shall take a proactive approach within the department, identifying issues and risks within projects. Along with the management team shall take the appropriate steps to mitigate and/or resolve within the department
- Other duties and special projects as directed.
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the Construction Industry
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a Project Management leadership role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Creative, quality-oriented professional with excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate others, strong organizational skills, self-motivation, and is committed to a high standard of excellence
- Have a high dedication to safety and personal integrity
- Able to provide superior leadership and facilitate excellent working relationships among subordinates, peers and management.