Senior Concrete Estimator
(#9917) - Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Senior Concrete Estimator with experience estimating concrete structures.
1) Opportunity for advancement within company 2) holiday/vacation pay 3) health insurance 4) Excellent 401K plan
- Prepares estimates with the proper level of detail for all design stages: Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Assists with maintaining the estimating cost database to ensure costs are up to date.
- As lead estimator, manages the estimating team in the assembly and submission of bids.
- Supervises and trains estimators and assists them in the preparation of estimates and bids.
- Consults with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
- Studies specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Researches construction documents and analyzes specifications to determine estimated costs.
- Works with the operations team throughout the preconstruction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
- Creates, maintains, and manages the preconstruction / design schedule for projects.
- Ability to manage and track multiple preconstruction projects at once.
- Manage the subcontractor prequalification process and assure that awarded subcontractors have the proper experience and financial capabilities to perform on the project.
- Reviews design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers, generates acceptable value engineering ideas, and prepares life-cycle costing.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract.
- Works with the Virtual Design (BIM) to utilize Revit or other programs in generating quantities as may be available from design models.
- Assists the self-perform estimating team in determining the proper trades to pursue and assures that the estimates are created with input from the operations team as to production rates, manpower availability, and general requirements.
- Assures that self-performed estimates comply with the requirements of the overall construction contract with the Owner.
- Understands how to create proper bid packages and works with the design team on the information required in each package to assure complete bids and giving the field team the right information needed to start construction or maintain the project schedule.
- Assures that the project team acts with integrity and employs ethical behavior during all stages of the estimating process.
- Manages the subcontractor solicitation process and assures that the proper team members are part of the approval process for all bid lists.
- Hand off meeting with project team.
- Supervises and/or writes the specific and general instructions to bidders and required bid forms.
- Reviews subcontractor and supplier bids for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
- Presents and explains project budgets to clients, designers, and operations teams.
- Administers the buy-out process and hand off to the Operations Team.
- Works with the Operations Manager in the creation of all final estimates to be given to the operations and accounting team for creation of the project budgets.
Proficiency with the following software or internet-based programs:
. 1) Bluebeam
. 2) MS Excel
. 3) MS Word
. 4) MS Project (Scheduling)
. 5) Revit
. 6) iSQFT
. 7) HCSS
. 8) Timberline
. 9) Plan Swift
- B.S. degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years concrete construction experience with a minimum of four (4) years of estimating experience.
- Capability to complete large CM/GC, CMaR, and Design-Build projects and large, complex competitive bid projects.
- Independent sales strengths for presentations and projects pursuits.
- History of successfully working internally with the operational team and externally with Owners, Architects/Engineers, and subcontractors.