Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Prominent PCI Producer looking for experienced Sales Manager to grow business in NY Metro Area!
JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
Sales resource to be initially focused on Parking Garage and precast structures
Migrate into selling Bridge product lines
The individual needs to be comfortable in a relatively self-directed environment
REPORTING STRUCTURE AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
The Sales Engineer/Sales Manager interfaces with various internal/external business partners to administer and monitor the performance operations.
• Reports To: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
• Direct Reports: N/A
PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in the development of strategic sales plans to meet/exceed sales revenue and profit targets and all corporate goals.
• Target and acquire new projects by building strong relationships with existing and new customers. Pre-sales account identification (targeted clients); with the ability to articulate the value Company brings to owners and contractors.
• Identify projects within NY and NJ utilizing precast concrete products and projects that can be converted to precast and sell owners and contractors on the use of product.
• Provide technical expertise to help customers understand the advantages of precast concrete products and the benefits (i.e., value engineering) of working with Company.
• Act as liaison with customer and internal teams to deliver projects from sales to project management.
• Work closely with the project development and estimating team to land projects to achieve business plans.
• Update CRM System (SalesForce.com) to capture and document all customer interactions.
• Review plans and specs and make bid/no-bid recommendations to senior management.
• Create selling opportunities through in-person prospecting with owners. Engineers, architects, developers, general contractors, etc.
• Promote Company’s products, as well as Company’s experience and capabilities to establish maximum winning opportunities.
• Solicit upcoming project information while making calls.
• Understand customer’s goals, challenges, technical requirements, etc.; provide technical solutions that result in sales opportunities to maximize profits, and promote company’s products as best solution.
• Secure the most profitable and suitable jobs by negotiating project pricing and contract terms. Review all contracts received for scope, value and terms.
• Coordinate turnover meetings to ensure a complete and timely turnover to project management.
• Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, sales volumes of competitors, delivery schedules, and report in concise methods to Sr. Management.
• Develop and deliver marketing and sales presentations to customers that generate a high win % on target sales.
• Represent Company by attending and involvement with DOTs, industry trade groups, etc.
• Ensure that all required information is available on all bid projects.
• Lead the efforts to develop thorough, timely, and accurate estimates through knowledge of material and product costs.
• Prepare bid proposals and documents for management review and approval.
Apply for this position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural, Construction Engineering, Architecture or related field. Experience working in the precast concrete industry desired. 3-5 years’ experience in a sales/consultative role within the precast industry, civil construction, architecture or related field. Successful sales of multi-million dollar infrastructure projects along with established contacts within the Construction industry strongly desired.
Construction experience preferred, with prior experience working with or within state DOT a plus
Prior sales experience – 3-5 years prior value based selling sales experience a competitive advantage.
Must be comfortable working in a self-directed environment.
Writing and presentation skills to convey opportunities in a cohesive and clear manner.
Knowledge in the use of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint and other applicable tools. Experience with Salesforce.com would be a compelling competitive advantage.
Builds trust and respect. Places a high value on collaboration. Is easy to approach and talk to; is empathic and a good listener; relates well to all people throughout the organization. Is viewed as a leader and a team player.
Communicates and acts with honesty and transparency, even in difficult situations. Shares information appropriately. Embraces feedback and listens openly to it, and offers feedback in a constructive and positive manner.
Customer-focused. Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations of customers to support our goal of being the best pre-caster in the Northeast. Builds relationships with employees, management and customers.
Ability to decide thoughtfully using data-driven decision making skills. Demonstrates data mining capability to create improvement opportunities. Uses proven problem solving methods to engage with peers and their teams to deliver results. Capable of turning data and processes into metrics that appropriately measure the improvement curve.
Action-oriented. Acts with a sense of urgency, and with the end result in mind. Prioritizes workload and projects, and eliminates roadblocks. Uses time effectively.
Takes personal accountability for areas of responsibility. Can be counted on to deliver results that are timely, and meet expectations for safety, quality and quantity.
Communication skills (oral and written). Ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of settings.