Safety Coordinator (#9552)
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Safety Coordinator Needed to Support PCI Plant's QC Department
Job Overview: Manage, develop, and maintain company safety program
Areas of Accountability:
• Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior in all business transactions
• Embrace and drive change
• Be respectful of PDM teammates and support teamwork amongst coworkers
• Perform QC and Batch plant related activities as requested
• Learn and understand existing company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance
• Manage specific safety programs e.g., silica, respirator, and personnel equipment certifications
• Manage root cause and investigation process with respect to near misses and accidents
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure that company policies are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
• Train and encourage employees to choose practices that will contribute to a safer work environment.
• Assess personnel and work space exposure to certain hazardous chemicals.
• Submit reports to Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and other relevant organizations.
• Perform regular audits to ensure the company is equipped to defend against potential lawsuits or other unique circumstances.
• Advocate for safer work equipment, materials, and supplies (e.g. hard-hats, steel toed shoes).
• Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
• Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
• Prepare written safety and health programs and policies.
• Identify company safety training needs and develop and coordinate safety training programs.
• Participate in new product/process reviews, including process hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
• Support plant personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Review process and operating procedures/records and provide input for safety and health considerations.
• Understand federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitor applicable regulatory changes as they occur.
• Provide technical support to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
• Advise manufacturing plants and corporate staff of regulatory changes with which the plants must comply. Sufficient advance notice should be provided so that compliance on the effective date of new regulations is ensured.
• Audit practices and records of manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations.
• Support batch plant operator and function as back up operator
• Support Quality Control department and serve as QC Technician backup when necessary
• Education: 2-4 year degree in related field
• Experience: or minimum of 5 years’ experience in related field.
• Knowledge and Skills: Ability to perform audits, prepare and submit associated reports. Excellent verbal and written communication skills